COVID-19 pandemic – Our offices remain open
Terrebonne, March 31, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve in Canada, we would like to inform you that our offices remain open by teleworking to provide you with our regular services either by email at email@example.com or by phone via our voice mail.
In addition, you will find hereunder some important information:
- As of March 15, 2020, we have modified the clause 7.5 of our Code of Ethics and By-Laws as follows: “Members may provide remote health care (by telephone or any other means of telecommunication) and issue a Receipt for these services when both the therapist and the client are in Canada. However, it is up to group insurance companies to authorize or not the reimbursement of these services“.
- BFL Canada has confirmed to us that our professional / general liability insurance program covers remote work. Please note that BFL Canada is available to answer your questions preferably by email (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com).
- We encourage you to consult the Provincial and territorial resources for COVID-19 to get all the information and directives specific to your province in order to determine if you must stop working or not.
- To learn more about the financial support measures offered by the Government of Canada, please read the Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
- On March 31, 2020, the 2020-2021 Renewal Notice will be emailed to you. Please take note that a hardcopy will only be mailed upon request.
Let us comply with the government guidelines to protect our collective health and safety. If we stay united, we will come out stronger.
Michel Loignon, CPA, CA